Oil and Gas
At AERO Component Repair, LLC, we have the capabilities, processes, experience, and machines to meet the repair needs of the oil and gas industry. The industrial turbines used in the oil and gas industry drive pumps that pull natural gas or oil from deep within the earth.
Industrial turbines are also used to generate electricity on oil platforms. When an industrial turbine needs the blades re-tipped, airfoil for the turbine nozzle, or dimensional restoration, we are the best choice to carry out these repairs.
We can also do Saturn™ hub replacement in-house and Centaur™ air/oil seal or ID coating restoration. If you need a new tilt pad bearing, we can supply it for your Centaur™ engine. Regardless of the repair you need, we do great work and pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service.
With the exception of short shutdowns for maintenance, turbines used in the oil and gas industry operate continuously. These turbines run between five and eight years nonstop. This illustrates how important part longevity is to this industry and why we have to ensure every repair is technically correct and keep the long-term operation in mind.
In addition to working directly with oil and gas customers, we work with field service companies. Field service companies bring us the parts they can’t repair in the field for a precise repair and a fast turnaround.
We solve a number of unique turbine problems faced by the oil and gas industry. The following are components and what we can do to repair them:
- Airfoil contour restoration, crack repair, pit repair, and FOD of the part
- Machine gas path diameters to concentricity and size
- Replace center hub, fluoride ion clean, braze, and airfoil insert installation
- Restore airfoil/gas path protective coatings
Inner and outer combustion liners
- Repair cracks and defects through welding
- Reverse fretting wear by restoring thickness
- Restore dilution hole geometry, thickness, and diameter
- Restore baffle geometry and cooling hole
- Fit with mating parts by restoring part contour
Turbine shaft air/oil seals
- Dimensional and visual inspection
- Remove worn bearing material through pre-machining
- Restore bearing material through flame spraying
- Machine to final size post-assembly and restore holes and oil groove
- Final inspection and cleaning
- Fluorescent penetrant inspection (FPI)
- Damaged material removal
- Restoration of geometry and tip length through welding
- Restore contour and geometry through hand finishing
- Restore protective coating
- Cleaning and polishing
Turbine nozzle segments
- Airfoil contour restoration, crack repair, pit repair, and FOD
- Replace or restore stage 1 cooling grommets
- Heat treat
- Restore blade path flame sprayed coatings
- Brazing, fluoride ion cleaning, and airfoil insert installation
- Airfoil/gas path protective coating restoration
Our welders are certified to AWS D17.1, and our NDT inspectors are certified to ASNT Level II FPI/MPI.